Tags: All I Want for Christmas is You, Burl Ives, Carol of the Bells, Christmas music, classic, George Michael, Halloween, hipster, Holly Jolly Christmas, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Johnny Mathis, Louis Armstrong, Mannheim Steamroller, Mariah Carey, O Holy Night, Pandora, Winter Wonderland
Once Halloween is over, I say bring on the Christmas music. In the car. In the kitchen. On my computer, using Pandora radio.
Love it! Here are my six favorite Christmas songs:
- Carol of the Bells. The kids literally have to be shut their traps when this is playing. They can sing along, but all bickering must stop. They know now to “SSSSHHH, this is Mom’s favorite!” I have trained them well. 🙂 I don’t care which version is on, this is my all-time favorite that gives me goose bumps.
- It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas…love the classic Johnny Mathis song.
- O Holy Night. Again, goose bumps.
- Winter Wonderland…love the Louis Armstrong version. Even if I rarely have a snowy Christmas, it’s still a magical song.
- Have a Holly Jolly Christmas…who doesn’t love Burl Ives?
- All I Want for Christmas is You. I hate to admit that I like Mariah Carey a teensy bit. But oh let me tell you. Sometimes you attach a song to a memory and, well, a few years ago I had a health scare around the holidays and all I really wanted for Christmas was to be healthy again and spend time with my family. So there you go. It’s so easy to take things for granted.
I like all Christmas music. The classics. The hispter “coffee house collections.” Even gaggy Mannheim Steamroller. Even George Michael.
Bring on the Christmas tunes!
Just don’t play them past December 26.