Posted by peskypippi | Posted in Advice, Children, Kids, Life Lessons, Relationships | Posted on 22-06-2012
Tags: asshole, dream, questions, validation, wish
In other words, are you a shatterer-of-dreams? How you react to and answer other people may be telling.
Take some of these questions my kids asked me this week. If you answer #2, you just might be an asshole.
Do clouds taste like cotton candy?
- Yes. And I bet rainbows taste like fruity cotton candy. Yum!
- No. Cloud are made out of water molecules. Not sugar and air.
Are fairies real?
- Yes. I hope that someday soon, I can have a tea party with a fairy under a toadstool.
- No. Fairies are fake.
I’m going to marry ice cream. Are you?
- Yes. I will marry mint chocolate chip.
- What a stupid question. I am already married to your father.
If I were rich, I’d buy all the Legos in the world.
- That is so cool! I love Legos!
- Once you hit 13, you will probably be sick of Legos.
Or take some of these statements I have made recently. Again, if you answer #2, you know the drill.
I’m going to start selling my famous banana bread online.
- That’s a great idea! Your banana bread is delicious.
- That sounds like a lot of work. And you won’t make much money.
It’s always been a dream of mine to open a pie shop. I could call it Pippi’s Pie Shop.
- How fun! I would totally visit. I love pecan pie.
- Don’t quit your day job. Restaurants always fail.
I just got a puppy!
- I can’t wait to meet him!
- What were you thinking?!
I love convertibles. Someday, I’ll buy a bright, cheery yellow one.
- When you get one, let’s go for a ride!
- How stupid is that? You live where it rains nine months out of the year.
With your asshole-like responses, you just might be shattering the other person’s dreams or wishes. Instead, how about a slice of dreamy pie, with a side of cloud?