Posted by peskypippi | Posted in Family, Life Lessons, Mothering, Parenting | Posted on 21-12-2011
Tags: eye roll, generations, Mom, Mom knows best, mothering, parenting, parents, sayings
Yikes. Since when did I start sounding like my parents?
Parents of all generations know a thing or two about a thing or two. Here is a sampling:
- Don’t lean back in your chair.
- Drink your milk. (but also ) Don’t drink out of the jug.
- Close the door; you’re letting all the heat out.
- Did you put your deodorant on today?
- I’ll buy two kinds of cereal: Grape Nuts or Raisin Bran.
- Can’t you guys just get along?
- Don’t eat too many cookies or you’ll spoil your appetite.
- Time to get up. You can’t sleep your day away.
Eye roll, I know. Yet, aren’t these words to encourage safety, good hygiene, and healthy habits? Again with the eye roll!