Posted by peskypippi | Posted in iPhone, Technology | Posted on 05-11-2011
I can’t believe I got my first real cell phone just three years ago: a Verizon LG Chocolate. Then came an iPhone 3G. This spring, I upgraded to the iPhone 3G. OK, my very first phone was a Tracfone. And it was a beauty.
In my line of work, it is imperative for me to be connected and productive with email. Here are 18 more reasons why I love my iPhone:
- 6 MP camera. I can take pictures and upload to Facebook right then and there. AND it has a flippy thing so you can easily take pictures of you with your buddy.
- Mirror. When flipped, the camera doubles as a mirror. Perfect for checking blueberries in teeth. See blog about just that.
- Facebook. I love me some Facebook anytime, all the time. Post pics on the go. Carry on conversations throughout the day.
- Notes. You can keep grocery lists, Christmas lists, weight loss tracking, and blog ideas. So when I’m driving along, I can open a “Note” and write “toilet paper” on the grocery list. (While pulling over to the side of the road. Of course.)
- Scrabble. I told you I was a little nerdy.
- Jewel Quest. Dang it, I can’t get past a certain level.
- Harbor Master. It’s a game where you unload ships and send them on their way. Don’t let the name and my lame description fool you; it’s fun!
- Twitter. I can Tweet while out and about. Though, dang it, why do they make it so hard to find the stupid # symbol on the touch screen? Oh and auto-correct. It bugs me and I’m gonna write about that in an upcoming post.
- The App Store. This is a dream place for buying any app. Most apps are cheaper than The Dollar Store, at $.99 each. But I did pony up $4.99 for Family Feud, which is fun to sit around and holler out answers to “Name the Top 18 Reasons Why Women Love Their iPhones” and other such questions.
- Amazon. Enough said.
- Ringtones for everyone. My boss’s ringtone is Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas. And every time it rings, I smile. Until I remember it’s a work call, which usually means work.
- EBay. The other day, I bought a 36-pack of fart whistles. Just like that.
- Calculator. So handy!
- Calendar. Music to a planner’s ears.
- Fandango. I can check movies’ schedules and just pop in. Admission: I haven’t been to a movie in the theater since Horrible Bosses.
- Alarm. My wake-up song is “Dream On” by Aerosmith. I find that a little ironic, don’t you?
- Movies. I have Elf loaded for those situations when you-need-the-kids-to-shut-up-and-will-they-just-watch-a-movie-in-peace. So you hand over your phone to their little, greasy fingerprinted hands.
- Stud finder. As in, where the heck do I hang up this picture on the wall. Did you know there’s an app for that? Who knew.
I love my phone. I even paid to have Swarovski crystals put on the phone cover…
Psych. It’s just a sticker. $1 at Michaels. I call it: Bargain Bling.