Tags: family life, layers
Shrek is an onion. With layers. So am I. That’s my life.
Some people want to simplify, removing layers. Not me. I keep adding them. Marriage. Children. Work. Pets. Life. Sports. Activities. Chores. Interests. Projects.
I want to.
Milestones. Routines. Celebrations. Injuries. Accomplishments. Failures. Happiness. Sadness.
- Basketball ends, soccer begins.
- Conference calls. Writing projects. Deadlines.
- Wash a load of laundry, fold another.
- Coordinating playdates.
- When are football sign-ups?
- Family movie nights.
- Science fair.
- What’s for dinner?
- Me time. Us time. 1:1 time.
- Grocery shopping. Hello Costco.
- Working odd hours. Working out odd muscles.
- Trying new recipes. Giving away old clothes.
- Celebrating holidays.
- Did you brush your teeth?
- Sweeping up dog hair.
- Rotting vegetables in the refrigerator drawer.
- Happy hours with hubby.
- Plant new bushes, dogs dig them up. Replant.
I am told, “You need to simplify.” But why?
I like it this way. I like my layers. I like my busy-ness. I like my life.
There will be a time for me to simplify. Now is not that time.