If cauliflower is the new kale, then this pizza is the new yummy.
I can’t promise that your kids will eat this. I mean, have you smelled cauliflower cooking? The smell is enough to quit cooking altogether and call for pizza delivery.
But if you can brave the stench and can stand crust that’s a little soggy, then this is the pizza for you.
Like how I sold it so well? Hahaha! This pizza is cauliflowericious! And packed with fiber! Did you know that cauliflower is. One. Of. The. World’s Healthiest. Foods. Read here if you need nutrition details to sell you.
Ingredients for Crust
- Head of cauliflower
- 1 large egg, beaten
- garlic to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 packs of dried crushed red peppers (you know the packets you get from–ironically–pizza places?)
- pesto sauce or tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh parmesan cheese
- toppings (I used chopped green onions and sliced tomatoes)
- Chop and grate the cauliflower until it’s “flour like” (I used my Cuisinart to grate the crap out of it)
- Mix in the egg and spices
- Microwave for 6 minutes. That’s when you’ll smell the stench.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put in a salad spinner if you have one. And spin the crap out of it. This gets a lot of the excess water out. Cauliflowers are juicy suckers!
- Grease a pizza stone or baking sheet with olive oil and parchment paper.
- Flatten the crust and bake at 425 degrees for at least 15 minutes.
- Top the crust with the sauce of your choice, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
Enjoy! You are officially caulifloweramazing!