Posted by peskypippi | Posted in Children, Crafts, Family, Fun, Ideas, Kids, Pinterest, Projects, Travel | Posted on 22-03-2012
Got road trips?
Here’s a nifty little idea for you non-crafter parents that you can create in, oh, about 8 minutes. You may call it a jar of rice with toys in it. I call it Pippi’s Traveling Treasure Trove that you shake and take with you in the car to entertain the kids.
What prompted this was:
- My kids have an overload of miniature toys they don’t play with because the toys are hiding at the bottom of toy bins
- My kids need something to do in our long (10 minute) car trips.
- Reuse and recycle, baby!
Here’s all you need:
- A big plastic container with a lid. Ours was a tub with peanut butter-filled pretzels.
- A crapload of miniature toys.
- A 5 lb. bag of rice.
- Mix together.
- Screw lid on tightly.
- Presto! Now you can bring Pippi’s Traveling Treasure Trove virtually anywhere! And your kids can shake it and search for all the hidden treasures. What’s old is new again. And maybe you’ll have some quiet while driving.
And just think. When you’re done with this clever toy, you’ll have rice for dinner.